Thursday, May 8, 2008

Guacamole

Last week, Z made some guacamole that I thought I'd share with everyone (AKA, Z, Jenny, and Z's parents). She was a little sketchy on the recipe details, but I believe it involved 3 avocados (mashed up), around 2 tablespoons of sour cream, a little red onion, cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper, and either garlic, cayenne, or some sort of spice (this I gathered from her description of the process - admittedly, I asked her quite some time she'd made it). It turned out very nicely, and looks quite good.


Unfortunately, I'm not a huge avocado fan, so the guacamole was lost on me, but she was very happy with it, and her coworkers enjoyed it a lot as well.

During our first trip to the Twisted Vine (when we picked up the Pinot Gris I mentioned last time), I mentioned that we went a little crazy purchasing wines (you can read all about it here). One of the delicious items we got was this port from Ferreira.




The woman at the wine store recommended this as a good, inexpensive port, and it didn't disappoint. We actually opened this bottle sometime late last month, so I'll admit my memory is a little hazy on the details of its taste. I am fairly confident that it tasted like a port :). I remember being pleasantly surprised, because the last time we tried a "good deal" bottle of port, we were terribly disappointed.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Restaurant Widow's husband is a Master sommelier, and they put together this neat podcast about value reds under $20: http://www.restaurantwidow.com/2008/02/inagural-podcas.html. There's also a whites too. I haven't actually listened to it though...