and then flip them over to serve.
We usually dust them with a little powdered sugar and occasionally some whipped cream (when we have some).
Blueberry Corn Muffins
1 - 1-1/2 cup blueberries
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
1/3 c granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
- Mix cornbread mix, egg, sugar, & milk in a bowl and set aside - I sometimes do this before dinner, and then do the remaining steps after dinner
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Coat muffin pan with cooking spray
- Place 3-4 blueberries in each (of 12) muffin cups
- Dollop 1 tbsp of batter in each tin
- Repeat with another layer of blueberries, more batter, and more blueberries
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, take them out of the pan and put them "upside down" (which now becomes "rightside up") on the wire rack to continue cooling
- When ready to serve (OK to serve warm), place on a plate and dust with confectioners' sugar and/or whipped cream