Thursday, November 20, 2008

Honey Curry Squash

I remember liking squash as a kid, but haven't had much luck myself making squash that actually enjoyed (not winter squash, at least). So, wanted to instill variety in my vegetable repertoire, I compelled myself to buy an acorn squash last week, and decided to try a few things out. The recipe below is the one that is definitely worth sharing with you, my loyal readers (AKA Z and her mom).

This recipe I got from this month's Cooking Light magazine. It turned out very well, and will definitely be one I put into a regular rotation. I tweaked the recipe based on what I had (and the fact that I was cooking for one), but didn't make any huge modifications.


Honey Curry Squash

Ingredients:
1/2 acorn squash, cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
golden raisins (not sure how many I used - I added them until it "looked right")
1-2 tbsp honey
curry powder and cayenne pepper, to taste

Directions
  • Toss squash cubes with olive oil, salt, & pepper
  • Bake at 500° for 15-20 minutes, or until tender
  • Toss remaining ingredients and serve
(see, I told you it was simple)

2 comments:

Sam said...

Oh! You get Cooking Light too? Was this in November? I don't remember seeing it, but it looks really good.

Ken said...

I believe it was the November issue. We do get Cooking Light, but I don't know how much longer they'll continue forwarding it from our Columbus address - we should look into changing that...